Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Goodbye..

April 27th
Saying goodbye was bittersweet!! On my last day of student teaching... I taught!! Who does that? I was supposed to be done, wasn't I? Actually, my very wise mentor teacher made me stick it out clear until the end. I did get to have a lot of the morning of my last two days off to go on a field trip (Thurs) and finally submit my TPA (Fri). [[Sidenote: I got an average score on it.. Well, ok, I got an average of 2.5 out of 5 in every category. I felt accomplished when I saw it;)]]
We kept going with Romeo and Juliet all week. Lots of reading, and acting out. On one day the power went out in our room, and the generator spotlight was all we had to see by. Class carried on as it would have if the power would have went out. No nonsense, no wasting time. That is how we did things all semester. The classes had balcony competitions that week (with a fun script written by Mrs. Kenyon), and a wedding ceremony as well. I will post pictures of that!
On my last day Mr. Hard bought me lunch (a yummy bagel sandwich!), and I got to the break room only to be greeted by cake, gifts, and goodbyes from amazing educators who had become some of my really good friends. They made it hard to leave the place I had dreaded ever moving to in the first place.
My principal came into my room on my last morning to wish me luck in my future career and inform me that SV would always be there for me when I needed anything. Another student teacher was standing in the doorway, and as Quinn went to leave, he asked, "Is today your last day too?" Student teacher replied, "Yes." Quinn: "Well good luck to you." Accompanied by a handshake and then he departed. Always enjoyed working with that principal! =)
After school was over my mentor teacher and the aide in our room helped me pack my things out to my car, and, following a few pictures, we said our goodbyes in the rainy snow (brrr!). My mentor teacher and I both teared up as we departed (I told you.. bittersweet!).
That night Chris and I went out to dinner (maybe??), went to see Matt (Hard) perform at Bev's one more time. His kids are great!! Then went to a hotel bar (??? nasty!) to hang out with Chris's fellow teachers for about an hour. My fellow teachers were loads better!! No offense to any El Ed teachers..
The next morning I slept in, did some laundry, packed, and went to a volleyball tournament that Jeslyn, Bill and Cynde's granddaughter was playing in (and Bill and Summer were coaching). Sunday morning Chris and I drove out at the same time after saying a sad goodbye to Shuana and Karissa Tranus.
Farewell Gillette, WY. Perhaps I will see you again someday, but if not... Thank you!

The following include some wonderful students and some great kids with powerful potential (and... come complete goofballs!;)):






No comments:

Post a Comment