Started off with Bill and Cynde being so kind as to take me out to dinner at Pokey's BBQ (still didn't get a picture of that pig!). YUM! YUM! Then Chris and I went to the open mic at Brother's Co. My friend Matt played a few great songs, and some of my students played too! I played with Matt and Misty's kids. They are dolls! So talkative and extremely adorable. I wound their daughter up waaayyy too much! There was also this 7th grader from Twin who sang a few songs (accompanied by a soundtrack). He was amazing! I have a clip below.. I personally don't love this song, but my baby sister does, so I'm putting this on there for her! Beth, this kid was pretty proud of his talent, but definitely good--in fact, Chris was going crazy bc he thought this kids was so great-- and he's close to your age! ;)))))
Saturday was my all time favorite day! I woke up (when I wanted to), got some homework done, and went to pick up Chris. Did you know that for the past 4 months I have lived less than an hour away from Devil's Tower national monument? It's true! And on Saturday.. I WENT THERE!
We decided to hike on the other side of the river to explore the caves. We saw some geese that freaked out at us. They started honking like crazy the closer we got to them!! We crossed the river and found lots of cool stuff in the caves like crystals and a natural bridge. So much fun!
We drove home and got some dinner at Humphrey's.. Dry hamburgers. I heard they were good, but that must have been an off night! The restaurant was freezing too!
It was a wonderful day, and being sick allll day Sunday didn't even upset me too much bc Devil's Tower just made me that happy!
And yes, we did call it Devir's Towel a few times for fun (following the Rount Mushmore fun) =)))
It is weird to think that I only have a week left of student teaching! I am going to do all I can to enjoy the heck out of it! This has been a better experience than I ever could have asked for. Thanks to all who have made it so grand!
| Dirt cliffs by the river |
| This was a plaque on a bench along side of one of the trails.. Love you daddy! |
| Beautiful wild flowers everywhere! |
| Prayer cloths.. Devil's Tower is sacred to Native Americans |
| Saw this natural face in the cliffs |
| Can you see the Squeekies? |
| The owners are huge Camel fans! |
sounds like so much fun. I have always wanted to go to Devils Tower. Can't believe you are almost done!!!!
ReplyDelete