Monday we had an all day professional day. From 8-noon we met in groups to discuss standards in prep for a national accreditation "check" coming up in Oct, and the rest of the morning in an all staff meeting where.. I tried hard not to fall asleep! ;) After the meetings we had the rest of the day to work on whatever/get grades turned in to the office. My mentor teacher and a few other teachers and I went to the Chinese Buffet for lunch. Listening to them talk about school stuff is always entertaining, and they paid for my lunch. They told me that they remember what it's like to be a poor student teacher, so they'd take care of me. Such nice women!!
Tues and today I taught all day! We did pronoun worksheets (x2). I worked through one with the class and then gave them another one to fill out on their own for a grade. Then we wrote diamente poems.We also played a vocab game where all of the vocab with fly swatters. Its exhausting to teach all day!! And I have so many more days of teaching all day left!! Haha... I'm glad I have 6 class periods to perfect/tweak my teaching style so I can get it right. Sorry to those first hours for making them into guinea pigs!
This week has been absolutely FRIGID!!! Today I had bus duty after school and had to stand outside in 4 degree weather making sure 100's of kids didn't break out in a fight or get nabbed off the sidewalk by a creeper. BRRRR! It snowed on Monday, and is supposed to snow again tomorrow. Oh what I would give to have my snow boots here!!
The view from my house on Monday night
| TonightJan 18 | Thu19 | Fri20 | Sat21 |
| Snow Shower | Few Snow Showers | AM Snow Showers | Cloudy / Wind | |
| --High | 30°High | 24°High | 49°High | |
| -1°Low | 12°Low | 22°Low | 25°Low | |
| Chance of Snow: 50% | Chance of Snow: 30% | Chance of Snow: 30% | Chance of Rain: 10% |
| Details | Details | Details | Details |
Click for more weather info
Oh Sam. You are the best student teacher I know. It has snowed so much here. We have over a foot, and Matthew got a snow day tomorrow. Love you!
ReplyDelete