Saturday, February 11, 2012

LMFAO

The title of this post is just a shout out to my amazing dad and his wonderful wife--the momma I love with all of my heart. I seriously could not ask for better parents and am so grateful for all that they do for me. And to all of my siblings and other family members--I got lucky with ya'll. Thanks forever and always!!
This week.. oh this week. What can I say? LONG! But I think every week until April 27th is going to be long, so I'll try not to go on about that. I taught Monday and Tues.. A lesson about instructions (reading & writing). I thought it went very well. Wed-Thurs my MT taught while I planned/graded. All of the time I had to do that was well spent, but not enough! Never enough.. this job is endless! I have only graded maybe a little over half of the poetry packets (soooo many left ahhh!). But those will just have to get done when they get done because I've also got tons of planning to do now--I'm it. I'm so it. Remember I said it was going to happen.. Well it's happened. Monday my teacher will finish up her lesson from W/TR, and then I'll do my phonebook activity (which I started on Fri).. After that Tues-Aprilwhoknowswhen you will officially be in Ms. Bullinger's class as soon as you walk through the door of 219.
It's exciting and it's scary at the same time. I know I won't steer these students wrong, and am confident in my ability to teach them what they need to know.. Right now I've got sleep on the brain. I could sleep all day and all night for how tired I am! Can't be doing that though.. Planning, grading, and assignments for my online class take precedence from now on! The party I have in mind for the end of this semester grows bigger and better with each passing day.. ;)
So I have to say, although after Thurs I was more stressed (because of the even more work I have to do), TR definitely had to be my favorite day this week. I woke up and couldn't get the garage door to open. Irene and I lifted and pulled and pushed the button for what seemed like ages. In the end my sweet MT came and picked me up and drove me to school (and home again afterwards). It was sooo nice of her and I really appreciate it! Then a little over halfway through planning a fresh Laramie breeze blew through the classroom door in the form of Dr. Leslie Rush, my professor/supervisor from UW. Just seeing a familiar face from Laramie made my whole week! I enjoyed Leslie's visit immensely (and not just because I got to leave the building for some fresh air/to work on projects for half the day). Looking forward to the next time she flies up!
The Quinn Weekly reads: Quinn got pulled over this week and told one of my classes about it. He said that he was pulled over when pulling out of a gas stop because he didn't stop before pulling onto the road. He said, "Lucky I'd only had 2-3 beers by then!" OMG!! That is my darling principal for you. He is a blast to be around and as far as I can tell--the kids LOVE him! I love that he is who he is and doesn't let the title stop him from being that. It brings a sense of realty to the man that is greatly appreciated (whether it be for a laugh or for a recognition and respect for his dedication to the job).
Note: Bus Duty--the one thing a teacher has to rock her socks off (rock meaning freeze as well as be so cool her socks fall off). Had bus duty Fri with the admin, and laughed a lot. The duty flew by and was greatly enjoyed! =)

















My Saturday (neatly stacked and organized!).. Grading the stack of papers on the right (1/2 way done), making a powerpoint on autobiographies, looking though the books on the left to find examples of what I am looking for in the autobiographies my students will be writing, and in the box--manuals on step up to writing. How much did I get done? Not enough!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment