Friday, April 20, 2012

Romeo e Guilietta

We've officially started Romeo and Juliet (the famous Shakespeare tragedy)!!
The unit began with a ton of information about Shakespeare and the Renaissance time period. Next we watched the 1968 Franco Zeffirelli version of the movie. This week we started reading the play! Sword fights are about as much action as you get out of 9th graders reading Shakespeare, but most of the students seem to be having fun with it.
We have lots of fun bulletin boards up in the room, and I even made one of them! I have been exhausted (seems like 8 hours just doesn't cut it these days), but exhilarated by Shakespeare, sword fights, naughty nurses, silly students, and more! I'm excited to graduate (IN 2 WEEKS!!!!), but will be sad to leave all of my friends at Sage. I have some wonderful colleagues, and great students! I can only hope I will be as lucky at my new school.
 Quotes from the play.. Soon students' recitation of these quotes from memory will be their ticket out of the room when the bell rings!
 My MT made this Facebook wall. The ads kill me; she really got creative with them! Students will post weekly responses to one of the statuses (orange) for a grade.
This one is mine.. All of the pictures represent a book, song, or movie that relates to the theme of Romeo and Juliet.


No comments:

Post a Comment