I think the last thing I blogged about was my interviewing prospects in Rock Springs. Well.. sadly, I will be skipping over many many details, but will quickly glaze over what "went down." First I drove allllllll the way to Green River. My MT let me take off at lunchtime on Tues. You know how it goes with driving in Wyoming...
This. Non-stop. For almost 6 hours. Needless to say, I have never been happier to see Green River in my life! I had a lovely evening spending some time with the beautiful Terynn Barnes and her wonderful husband, Tony. We laughed (until Terynn cried), talked about babies until we were yawning like lions, and then went to bed.
The next morning I got ready, went to spend an hour or two observing Mrs. Barnes in her math classroom. I made a group of girls mad in that amount of time. They were playing a game where their group had to work together to find a way for 4 numbers from a card to equal 24. This group of girls was working individually, so I told them that their group had 0 points for not following instructions. GLARES quickly came my way! Terynn and I got a good laugh at that =)I left Green River and drove to Rock Springs.. My interview started at 10:30. I arrived about 15 minutes early and went into the administration building (where I assumed the interview would take place.). Lucky I was early because the interview was actually in the JH building next door. I walked in right before the interview, met my interviewers, and was handed a sheet of questions and instructed to, "work through them any way I would like." I babbled on, made them laugh, and felt great about how well the interview had gone.
After a quick stop at the convenience store, I drove an hour to Mountain View. I had gotten a call for an interview from them when I was driving through Casper. That interview lasted for over 2 hours and included a tour of the building, stopping in to say hello to my dad's cousin (Matt) who teaches Science there, interviewing, taking a drive past some possible housing options, and meeting the Superintendent and Assistant Super.. Wow! I still had a 5 hour drive home after this..
Spending Thursday through Monday with my family was wonderful! Oh how impossible it is to dislike SPRING BREAK! I got a call on Friday asking if I would accept the job in Rock Springs, and had a strong possibility of an offer from Mtn. View to consider as well. A trip to the Billings, MT temple was just what my mind and spirit needed. I am grateful for all of the prayers from my family and guidance from God that led me to my final decision.
I called on Monday morning to accept the offer to teach 7th grade reading at Rock Springs Junior High. The principal seemed very excited at this news, and welcomed me to the staff. I have since then been approved by the board.
10 minutes after calling Rock Springs, I got a call from Mtn. View offering me a job at their school. I got a terrible stress feeling at having another option, however I had made my decision. I declined the offer from Mtn. View and thanked them for their consideration.
Back to school on Tues.. 3 weeks left of student teaching!


No comments:
Post a Comment