Sunday, March 11, 2012

Laramie, WYO!!!

Remember how I always say I'm going to take pictures? And remember how I went to Laramie this week for the job fair? And remember how I took my camera with me on several occasions? And remember how I never even got it out?!?!?!!?
Ok that's a lie.. I got it out one time in Love Joy's to take pictures, but it was as we were leaving. I only got one and it's bad quality. I don't know why I'm so bad at taking photos of my life happenings, but here is the story of my week:
On Monday and Tuesday I taught school. First, though, let's back up to Sunday evening. On Sunday evening I got a call from Rochelle and got her mother-in-laws number. I called her mother-in-law, Cynde, and guess what.. She and her husband, Bill, said it was ok for me to move in with them! I told Irene (my former roommate) on Monday morning that I would be leaving the next evening. I think it came as kind of a shock to her. This new living situation is so much better though! Bill and Cynde are kind enough to let me live here rent free, and are even letting me eat their food! They live right in town, so my drive to work is cut by 10 minutes. I live about 5 minutes from my school and 2 minutes from the rec center. I have a feeling the next few months of student teaching will be much more comfortable! Oh and they have a BEAUTIFUL home! I'm so grateful to them for helping me out. Not that I ever had anything against Irene, but living with her just wasn't convenient and was getting expensive!
I moved on Tues evening during a storm.. Some of Bill and Cynde's cute grandkids helped me bring my stuff in from the car. On Wednesday morning I got ready and headed to the school to pick up some papers to grade over the week/end. I didn't stay long! Chris and I left for Laramie and the job fair at about 8 a.m. Arriving in Laramie filled me with joy! I have missed it there so very much. I soon discovered that it wasn't the same as before.. This could be in part because everyone was winding down and beginning to leave for spring break. It could also be because my life is in such a different place now. Either way, it was great to be back!
I got to see the Pearson's on Wed afternoon, and give lots of loving to my sweet girls!! They have a super cute puppy too that peed on the carpet after I left. Sorry Brandy! I paid a visit to my sweet kiddos and friends at ECEC as well. Oh it was so great to see all of those babies again! Of course, most of them did not remember me in the slightest, but I still love them all the same! =)) Wed night Chris and I went out to dinner with Bailey, Keenan, Ashley (and her adorable daughter Kenzie), and Rachel. We went back to Keenan and Bailey's after and enjoyed a nice and smokey fire in their living room. It was so fun to visit!!
Thurs Chris and I went to Loveland to do some light shopping. I bought a few new tops and looked in several stores for dress pants (with no luck..). I also got some new shiny flats that I love already! We got back and prepped to sign up for interviews. The nerve wracking experience of waiting for the doors to the "career fair room" was intense!! I fought through the lines and ended up getting two interviews. Most importantly I got to see the beautiful girls from my program: Emily, Ellie, and Anna!! We went out to dinner at Corona later that evening and it was soooo much fun to catch up! Ellie, Emily, and I went back to Emily's for a bit and talked shop. Then the girls dropped me off at the Union where Chris and I were in the Copy Center until 11 p.m. finishing and printing our cover letters and resumes. I saw a group of people from the institute on our way out of the building which was great!
On Friday I woke up and got ready for my interviews. By 10:20 I had dropped off a copy of my cover letter/resume at the Pinedale table and was waiting in line for my interview with Rock Springs. While waiting the principal from Pinedale came over and said he was very impressed with my resume and wanted to talk to me. I visited with him for a bit before my other interview and he seemed super excited about me. My interview with Rock Springs went so well! He said if he had any openings he would hire, but would definitely be telling the Junior High Principal that she needed to interview me. It was delightful to visit with him. After I got up from the table, Pinedale grabbed me again and said, "Why are you over there with Sweetwater, you don't want to work there." Then he gave me several more reasons why I should consider them. The Junior High Principal from Pinedale even seemed sad that I was considering HS instead of JH! It was so fun to see people were interested in me as a teacher!!!
I went to lunch with another teaching friend (Levi), and had a nice visit. At 5 I had pie with Brit and Bethaney. I miss those girls! They are so fun, and I'm double glad I got to see them! The fun didn't end there.. I went to Brit's to spend the night. We watched an episode of Man vs. Wild where Bear eats tons of nasty stuff like snakes, sand fish, and eyeballs. He also drank liquid from a camel's stomach, his own pee, and elephant dung. GROSS!!! Next I saw my very first episode of The Walking Dead. Creepy! And addicting! We watched Valkyrie with Lib and went to bed around 1:30 am (yes, crazy..).
Sat morning Brit helped me clean the Pearson's office, and dropped me off at Brandy and Mark's. I showered and got ready to go, then Chris picked me up around 11. We drove home and had a blast chatting, eating cookies, listening to music, and scouting out the next rest stop!
Overall the trip was a huge success!! Today was a great day getting some work done and getting to know the Rice family. I'm anxious to see how this next week goes (I'm video taping for the TPA.. YIKES!).
As always, sorry for not taking pictures!
 The yummy place we ate Gyros at in Loveland!


Proud to be a POKE! (and not just because I'm slow;))

No comments:

Post a Comment