Monday, March 5, 2012

Terrific Tuesday

Every day after the first bell someone in the attendance office comes the intercom and says, "Good morning, SV, will you all please join me in the pledge?" After reciting the pledge (patriotism!), the woman says thanks and tells everyone to have a magnificent Monday, terrific Tuesday, wonderful Wednesday, etc. you get the picture. Every teacher I have spoken with "delights" at the sound of that voice over the intercom.. If you get the picture ;)
This particular Tues (2/28) sure was a terrific one. My principal came in to observe me and asked me a great reflection question. I hadn't even noticed he was observing me until he got up to leave.. I guess that's what you call being too wrapped up in your lesson?!? During lunch something nasty happened.. I used the stall that had recently been reopened after being in need of repairs for about two weeks. Why I did this, I cannot say, but it was not a terrific choice! I ended up getting pee water spit back at me as it sloshed onto the floor. GROSS!! I pushed myself up against the stall wall and hoped for the best.. It got some water on the bottom of my hem (barf), but nothing more than that. I high tailed it out of that stall, and locked the door behind me. Luckily I had the opportunity to share my story with the ladies I eat lunch with as the maintenance (or lack there of) is a topic we frequent.
My kids started their speech unit this week, and I am looking forward to seeing how it goes. I have designed this sucker! It was easy to design, but has lots of little details that I'm still working out. Therefore this unit is a plan as we go one and will hopefully not be a disaster! So far I only hear a few complaints.. Honestly kiddos, what do you not like about exploring a career/college you are interested in?? It's your interest..??
Friday was the (drum roll please) SVJH musical. This musical has been a hot topic of conversation for weeks as students have been worked to the bone (until 9:00+ at night, etc.), pulled from class, lectured, fallen behind in classes, worked hard to catch up, sang their little hearts out, and hopefully had some sort of fun. Before the musical I stopped by the rec where state indoor track was being held to see my friend Todd. It was great to see him (and not only because secretly I think his voice is dreamy..) and chat for a bit. After this I dropped by that blessed Walmart store to pick up some l-lysine (Mark and Brandy's chart topping vitamin) to help with my sucky immune system.. [I swear.. can I just be healthy for a sec??]. Next was a stop at the infamous A&W to grab some grub with Chris. Then on to the musical!
We paid $12 for the tickets and met my mentor teacher inside.. The musical was great (and I was able to fully enjoy it even more after a quick trip to the bathroom during intermission! haha). The kids hard work really came through.. It was a well oiled machine, and I am proud of all of my students! After the musical we met some friends a Jake's Tavern. What an experience that was... BOOMING music so loud you had to yell at everyone, and it's a smoking bar too. YUCKY! I stayed long enough to come out with my ears buzzing and a terrible smell clinging to my person. I do believe that was the one and only adventure I will be having at Jake's.. Especially after hearing about the fight that broke out there after I left!
Saturday the phenomenal-ness continued as I traveled to Casper to watch some state basketball with my family! It was so wonderful to see them. My little brother's team lost in the championship game, and, yes, he cried. I would have too (I think).. It would be hard to get that far your senior year, have your team come up short, and have there be nothing you can do about it. He's still my champion! Best little brother ever =))))
I'm glad that Casper is less than 2 hrs away from here because I totally would have fallen asleep en route if it were any further!!
Sunday I spent basically ALL day in bed.. I resolve to spend more of my weekend recooperating from the week instead of giving my body more of a need to recooperate! Albeit, I do only have less than 8 weeks left of student teaching; might as well enjoy it!! =)
As promised: REAL PICTURES!





2 comments:

  1. Ahh wish I could of been there. cute bow tie Jake. wow only 8 weeks left. that is crazy. You when then be an adult with a degree my sister. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... you never reveled what the reflection question was that your principal asked you. You totally left me hanging there! I was very excited to find out. Also, why is Jake not smiling?! You better answer these questions on facebook because I may not check this again until your next post. Love you!

    ReplyDelete