How completely amazing would that be? Let's be honest, Pinedale and I may or may not be a great match, but it would be so incredible to get an offer from my first interview!! I would most likely gladly take it. How many people get that lucky??
I'm not getting my hopes up, and I don't expect my interview to go flawlessly. I know I have lots of practicing and preparation to do, but I am excited to see what happens! =)))
Furthermore, can I brag a little about today? I had my mock interview during mostly the entirety of my prep hour, and therefore was barely writing the agenda on the board when my first class came into the room. When asked what we were doing for the day, I said I really didn't know, but that we would begin with reading and go from there. While students were reading I quickly went through my materials and semi-solidified a lesson for the day. I allowed some time for finishing computer work (typing/powerpoints), went over different strategies for fighting nervousness, talked about what to focus on when practicing, and gave some time for practicing speeches. I know that I crammed waaaay too much into the lesson (computer time ate up the class hour!), but I think that I slam dunked today. Hurray for Sam being a killer teacher ;)))
Oh! Oh! Also today, I had a student tell me that he had had student teachers before, and I was much better than them (a female student seconded this sentiment). He told me that he thought I was going to make a great teacher... Sometimes those kids make me so so happy! I love teaching!!
Brandy the beautiful (a pic I found from my trip to Laramie; possibly the only one I took!)
My MT gave this beautiful charm to me for St. Patrick's Day (She's so nice!!)
And.. I love turtles!! =)))))))
I hope you knock those Pinedaleites socks off. you will be great!
ReplyDeleteI love this post, Sam. You are going to be such a great teacher. Good Luck with the interview in Pinedale, I will be praying for you. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteYay to my wonderful sister who is such an amazing teacher.... she is so amazing getting an interview ! i am so proud of her and love her very much!
ReplyDelete